8 Steps to Help your chld say “No” to Drugs
1. Talk with your child about alcohol and other drugs.
2. Really listen to your child
3. Praise often; if need to, criticize the action not the child.
4. Help your child with peer pressure. Teach how to resist.
5. Make family rules and tell the child there will be punishment for not keeping to them.
6. Encourage hobbies and out of school activities – prevent boredom – then less likely to use drugs.
7. Make contact with parents of your child’s friends and agree same rules.
8. Learn to recognise telltale signs of alcohol and drug use.